Sunday, September 23, 2007

Loved this...

“You and I wear spectacles with lenses ground and polished by our lives.
These lenses have been warped, cracked, and mended by our experiences, especially with others. When I look at you through my spectacles I find a reflection from my value-lenses. I cannot see you as you exist in yourself. I can only see you as I construct or create you out of my life’s spectacles. You then become my representation, my construction of you.

You exist for me only to the degree that I can bring meaning to the sensations I pick up from you. Perhaps our total view of reality equates to one great big projection of ourselves into the “stuff” out there in the external world.”

I took this from a book I am now reading…
Hypnocounseling, by Hugh Gunnison.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home