Monday, October 29, 2007

Commitment

For many reasons, relationships have been on my mind lately. And today the question of how much must we change, how much of yourselves must we give up in order to satisfy our partner? Is there a difference between compromise and total loss of identity?

I copied that passage the other day from the book saying that we change and adapt in respect to the other but I wonder to what extent is this a good thing?

How long must relationships be dragged on for, when things just don’t seem like they are working anymore? We know that the longer they last the harder they are to leave, but I wonder, so if imagining I am in a situation where I am not happy and I have only been together with that person for a couple of months, how would I react? Now take that same feeling but a couple of years, again how would I react? Does it make sense to stay in a commitment just because you are supposed to be committed to each other even if you are unhappy?

Like I say relation_ships and relations have been on my mind and I think this subject will always be one of those I will never have answers for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home